Koenigsegg Jesko owners told to stop driving after hypercar burns to the ground

Posted on June 18, 2024Comments Off on Koenigsegg Jesko owners told to stop driving after hypercar burns to the ground

A massive blaze has claimed a Koenigsegg Jesko, with the Swedish hypercar burning to the ground due to an unknown fault.

Greek publication Autoblog reports the Jesko had only been delivered to its owner earlier this year, with bespoke modifications driving its price up past the US$3.6 million (A$5.5 million) mark.

The Jesko was reportedly taking part in the 6to6 Motor Europe Tour event along with more than 70 other supercars, and arrived in Athens after departing from Spain.

A video uploaded to YouTube of the burning Jesko, filmed from above, captures the intensity of the fire.

It’s not yet known why the hypercar caught fire, though there was reportedly no damage to the vehicle prior to the blaze. Both of its occupants were able to escape unharmed before the fire consumed the Jesko.

A Koenigsegg engineer has reportedly attempted to collect the Jesko’s remains and return them to Sweden, as the company looks to investigate the cause of the blaze.

While the investigation is ongoing, Koenigsegg has reportedly told owners to stop driving their Jeskos immediately. It’s not known how many exist, though 125 examples were planned to be built.

All examples of the Koenigsegg Jesko are powered by a twin-turbo 5.0-litre V8 engine, capable of producing up to 941kW of power and 1500Nm of torque on 98 octane premium unleaded, and 1177kW if it’s fed E85.

MORE: Everything Koenigsegg
MORE: Koenigsegg Jesko unveiled